Friday, June 1, 2012

Tools I use


  • Knitting needles of course, personally size 8 metal needles feel the best in my hands and are what I learned on. In fact I still have and use the exact needles that my grandmother taught me on. Brand doesn't matter to me becasuse I don't think there is any difference between the brands. I just prefer metal over anything else. I have tried bamboo needles and they just didn't work for me, they get sticky in the heat and I knit outside in the heat a lot.
  • Crochet hooks, when I'm in the mood to crochet. I use metal ones here as well. It's what I learned on and what feels best in my hands.
  • Yarn. What type I use depends on the project but I have  mainly been using Red Heart because that's what I can get the cheapest. I want to move on from that but I there aren't yarn stores around me and I don't want to buy online for some reason.  I also use whatever I get as gifts.
  • Yarn Needle, great for weaving in ends.
  • Stitch Holders, great for when I notice a dropped a  stitch a few rows back and need something to hold it. With me this happens more often than not. Quite helpful. Can also be used as stitch markers. Haven't really needed to do that yet though.
Those are the the things that I use each and every time I knit or crochet.  I have a few smaller things that I use as well but those very from project to project. I keep everything in a toolbox. It works quite well. I'll have pictures later when I do a picture of all my stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment